After the release of amazon firestick or Tv, it has become one of the popular multimedia devices.In a short period of time amazon firestick capture the video streaming market. The features are the reason why firestick became the most selling device. it supports video streaming services like Netflix, amazon prime video, Netflix, hotstar, and many other popular services. Another most exciting feature is it comes with an Alexa which means you can control your tv with your voice.
Now let’s get straight to topic one of the problem with firestick is you need to purchase content to watch them. Some of the content has a high price tag and purchasing all premium content is not practically possible until you have lots of money to spend. To eradicate this problem Kodi came into the scene.
Kodi is an open-source growing video streaming platform on the internet right now. Basically, Kodi fulfills all your entertainment needs from movies to music, cartoons to adult shows, sports to series.
According to the recent records, it is also by far the most downloaded freeware. Kodi has it’s user-base covered almost in every type of device including Android phones, Mac, Windows PC, Linux devices and also in Amazon Firestick and Fire TV.
Kodi is open-source software and has a very large community. Being open-sourced, a lot of Kodi add-ons are developed for Kodi from developers all across the globe.
How to install Kodi 19 on Firestick?
Despite being a very popular video streaming freeware, Kodi is not available in Amazon App Store so you need to perform a tweak to install Kodi in Firestick. All you need to do is to sideload Kodi.
And good news for Firestick users, you can sideload Kodi 19 in Firestick without jailbreaking your device if you follow the below methods. Here are two possible Method to install Kodi On fire stick.
Method 1 to install Kodi 19 on firestick
1. First of all, go to Settings and then click on My Fire TV. After that select Developer Options.
2. Allow app from unknown sources is set to off priorly. Turn that on.
3. Now go to the Search box and Search “Downloader”. You will see an app. Just download and install it.
4. Simply run the app and type the following URL: http://get.filelinked.com and then click on Go.
*By now your Kodi 19 installation file must have started to download. And after the download gets completed, follow with these steps*
1. Click on Install and open File linked software.
2. Type “22222222” and then click on Next.
3. After that click on Continue and then it asks for a pin.
4. Simply enter “4754” as a pin and then click Next and then press Continue.
5. it’s likely to see prompts in this step. Hit on the Dismiss if any prompts top up on the screen.
6. Look for Kodi 19 and download it.
7. Now finally open the Kodi 19 app.
Method 2 (For Kodi 18.2)
This method is a much-preferred method and quite easy also. But this method may jailbreak your device so be warned and think if you are ready to jailbreak your device or not. If yes then let’s proceed without any delay.
1. Simply jump to the Amazon App Store which I don’t think I need to provide guidance.
2. Search for ES File Explorer from the search bar.
3. Install ES File Explorer and launch it.
4. Open menu bar from the left and click on Tools.
5. Select Download Manager and then click on New.
6. Next, fill up the name and path as “Kodi” and “https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk” respectively and then press OK.
7. Hit on the Download Now button and then wait for the file to be downloaded.
8. Open the file as soon as the download is completed by clicking on Open file.
9. Click on Install.
10. Again click on Install and then wait for the installation process.
*There you go. Kodi is installed in your Firestick now but it won’t appear on your home screen. So follow the next steps*
- Go to the settings and then click on Applications.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications.
- Look up for Kodi in the list and launch the app.
- Now you can enjoy watching movies and Live TV using Kodi on your Firestick or Fire TV. But be you need to install plugins or add-ons for that.
Here’s how you can install add-ons in Kodi in Firestick.
How to install add-ons in Kodi 19 in Firestick?
Kodi 19 offers a bunch of choices for Addons but how to install them? Its nothing much. Just follow these simple steps:
- First of all launch the Kodi 19 app in your Firestick.
- Click on Add-ons.
- On the top left corner, there you can see a gear like an icon (settings). Click on that icon.
- Select Install From Repository from the available options.
- Now select the Kodi Add-on Repository.
- And then click on Video Add-ons.
- Search for the plugin which you want to install and then click Install.
- Wait for a while until “Addon enabled” pop up notification appears.
- Return to the main menu and then select Add-ons and then click on Video Add-ons.
- Finally, look for the plugin you just install and select it.
That’s all you need to do to install add-ons in Kodi 19. But if you are confused about the selection of best Kodi add-ons, click here to see the best working Kodi addons in 2019.
Also, do not forget to use VPN while streaming in Kodi as some of the add-ons are geographically locked and some add-ons are illegal in some regions.