What can be a more frustrating thing than having a PlayStation 4 which is continually failing to connect with the Wi-Fi? You can merely do anything in PS4 without having an internet connection.
If you are here, you might have also faced this problem of PS4 not connecting to Wi-Fi.
Well, don’t think that you are the only one facing this problem. It is a problem faced by many PS4 users.
If it’s your first time encountering ps4 internet connection failed problem, then welcome to this community. It generally happens when you install the system update for your PS4.
Some users even face this problem after changing the Nat type of ps4, which is disappointing.
Well, If you’re wondering here and there looking for the effective remedy of this problem then, you are in the right place. without any delay, let’s jump right into the solution you are looking for:
Fix ps4 won’t connect to Wifi error?
We have done some research regarding this problem and tried to provide you with the best solution. There are different options to try out. It is like “Hit-and-Trial” method, try different option until one work.
As there might be different things causing this problem, there are various options for various causes.
PS4 not connecting to the Wi-Fi error
Here are some of the steps provided for you, which will hopefully solve your PS4 not connecting to the Wi-Fi problem.
Check your Internet Connection
First of all, before jumping to any other thing I would want You to check your Internet connection to be sure that there is no problem with Internet Connection.
If you have found out that you have some issues with the Internet Connection then, you can do these things to solve that.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Change Your Network Security Type And SSID.
- Enable or Disable Encryption.
- Make Your Wi-Fi Signal Strong.
- Remove the Password of your wifi by selecting the option ‘Open.’
- Try To Reboot Your Router For Several Times.
Have you checked Your internet, So Your Internet is working fine Try Other steps?
2. Change DNS Setting
We’ve also found that in some of the cases, there is a problem with the DNS address you currently have. This thing also makes a significant impact on causing connection wifi problems in PS4.
However, you don’t have to worry about this as you can easily change the DNS setting, which might solve your problems.
To change the DNS setting of the particular Wi-Fi in which you want your PS4 to be connected, you have to follow these steps accordingly;
- Open your PS4, Go to its setting>Network>Setup Internet Connection>Go to Use Wifi>Choose Custom>Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect.
- Now, select on “Do not specify.”
- select the option “Manual.”
- There you can see Primary DNS and Secondary DNS box required to fill.
- Fill it as primary DNS:126.96.36.199 Or, 188.8.131.52 Or, 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11 Or, 18.104.22.168 Or, 22.214.171.124
- Once done, you can click on “Next” and check if your PS4 is connecting to Wi-Fi or not.
Other than this you can also try other Fast and Free Dns Server For ps4.
If it is connecting, Congrats!
However, If even after following the steps given above, there might be some other causes to check more of the possible causes and methods to fix them below.
Confuse in how to change DNS Here is a full video on how to Change DNS Playstation 4.
3. Install Software Updates In Safe Mode
Sometimes, Connection Problems in PS4 occurs due to the System Update. However, the cause of the Internet Connection Problem might also be an outdated version of Software which gets generally fixed after installing the latest software in your PS4.
So, you can follow the steps given below to update the System in Safe Mode.
Note: There is a chance of your data being lost while executing this method so, we highly recommend you back-up your data in external drives before entering into safe mode.
- Turn your PS4 off by pressing the power button located in the front.
- Once your PS4 gets off, again press the power button and hold it for a few moments until you hear the second beep. The first beep generalizes PS4 is on whereas the second beep means you have entered to safe mode.
- Press the PS button located in your controller.
- Now, Go to “update system software.”
- You can see some Download process going on. Wait until the download completes but, don’t turn off the PS4 while downloading which can cause some problems. Once Download gets done, the PS4 restarts automatically.
- After the PS4 restarted successfully, you can try connecting to Wi-Fi.
Here is a video guide to install software updates on safe mode.
4. Change Wi-Fi Transmission Mode
If you are still suffering from the problem of Wi-Fi not connecting to your PS4 even after trying the methods given above. You might also want to try out this method to fix the internet connection problem in your PS4.
In this method, you have to change the Transmission mode of your Wi-Fi from the router setting page. If you don’t know how to access the router set-up page, you can do that by entering the URL of your router. (It is 192.168.1.1 for most of them, or you can also find that by either looking into router set-up guide or contacting ISP).
You have to change the Transmission mode and make it 54 Mbit/S.
5. Use a LAN Cable
So, It is the last but not the least method we have for you. If you are still not being able to connect Wi-Fi to your PS4, then this is the alternative we highly recommend for you.
Well, Many of the users pick LAN connection even when they are not facing any Wi-Fi, not a connecting problem. LAN Cable provides a comparatively better connection than Wi-Fi. We also recommend our viewers to choose LAN connection over Wi-Fi as it allows for better speed and better fps, which makes the user experience better without any doubt.
In addition to that, you can notice a difference in downloading speed as it provides high data download speed. So, using LAN cable connection can be a pretty good replacement for WiFi as there are also a lot fewer problems in LAN connection than Wi-Fi Connection.